ANTIBODY THERAPEUTICS XCHANGE
Zurich, November 22
Welcome to hubXchange’s Europe Antibody Therapeutics Xchange 2022, bringing together executives from pharma and biotech to address and find solutions to the key issues faced in developing antibody therapeutics, through a series of roundtable discussions.
Discussion topics will cover Target Selection, Lead Identification & Optimization, Formats & Scaffolds, Bi/Multi-Specifics and Emerging Technologies.
Take advantage of this unique highly interactive meeting format designed for maximum engagement and collaboration with your peers.
Please note this is an In-Person meeting.
VENUE DETAILS: Hilton Zurich Airport Hotel, Hohenbuehlstrasse 10 – 8152 Opfikon, Switzerland
Opening Address & Keynote: Writing the Future of Biologics with Synthetic DNA and Machine Learning
- How Twist goes from DNA to Antibody Discovery
- How we currently identify a clinical candidate from sequence space
- A proof-of-concept case study where NGS and an ML based approach were used to identify leads
Considerations and challenges guiding target selection in the development of antibody-based therapeutics
- Methodologies for antibody target discovery and validation
- What kind of unique target requirements do the different derivatives of the monoclonal Ab format have (e.g. bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates, other antibody-derived fusion proteins)
- Discussing the use of next gen in silico technologies in target identification and validation for antibody-based therapeutics
Chief Scientific Officer, SOTIO
Martin Steegmaier graduated from the Northern Arizona University. He earned his Ph.D. in biochemistry from the University of Basel, Switzerland. In addition, Martin received an MBA from the Edinburgh Business School (UK). He complemented his scientific training by spending 4 years as a postdoctoral fellow at Stanford University Medical School. In 2000, Martin joined Boehringer Ingelheim’s Oncology Drug Discovery Department and held positions with increasing responsibility advancing first-in-class oncology projects into the clinic. Martin joined Roche in 2006 in Basel and held various positions in Pharma Partnering and in the Oncology disease area. In 2012, Martin became the Head of Discovery for the Large Molecule Research organization at the Roche Innovation Center Munich site with the responsibility to generate and profile novel therapeutic antibodies for different disease areas. In March 2020, Martin became Head of Research at MorphoSys in Planegg Munich, Germany focusing on the generation of differentiated, more efficacious and safer antibody-based therapeutics in the area of immuno-oncology and hematology-oncology. Martin Steegmaier joined SOTIO Biotech in September 2022 as Chief Scientific Officer.
Hidden in plain sight – Target discovery in African ancestry genomes
- Understanding the value of ethnically diverse patient samples for target identification and drug discovery
- Diversifying patient stratification to enhance clinical outcomes within drug development
Chief Medical Officer & interim Chief Scientific Officer, Synexa
Justin is a medical doctor, immunologist and pharmacologist and a co-founder and CMO of Synexa. His primary focus is to understand our clients’ objectives in new drug development and to implement biomarker strategies that bring real insight to the challenges of clinical development and the immunological underpinning of health and disease.
Spotlight Presentation: Selection of clinically relevant VHH antibodies via cell-based phage display selection and characterizations
- Early valuable selection of potential therapeutic antibodies on native, cell-expressed target by VHH-phage display technology
- Genetic immunization of llama’s has high potential for successful Ab discovery against membrane proteins
- Deselecting antibodies out of lead candidate pool by benchmarking the antibodies against IPA’s library of clinical antibodies with known developability profiles.
General Manager, ImmunoPrecise Antibodies
Dr. Debby Kruijsen is the General Manager of IPA (ImmunoPrecise Antibodies) Europe. Dr. Kruijsen obtained her PhD in immunology at Utrecht University in the Netherlands. In 2012, she joined IPA where she held different scientific and management positions until becoming General Manager. In addition to overseeing IPA Europe’s operations, Dr. Kruijsen works closely with the executive and global teams to develop and execute business strategies, improve operational efficiencies, and support IPA as an innovative company in the CRO space.
Technical Sales Specialist Custom Antibodies, Bio-Rad
Katharina Reefschläger is a technical sales specialist for Bio-Rad´s therapeutic antibody discovery services. She has been with Bio-Rad in various sales related positions for over 10 years. Prior to this she worked in a genetic diagnostic lab as scientific customer support for more than 2 years. Katharina holds a diploma in Biology from Julius-Maximilians-University Würzburg/Germany and a PhD in Biology from Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich/Germany.
How to gain the full potential out of the emerging pipeline of cancer therapies
- How to identify effective combinations among the growing pipeline of CPIs, immunocytokines, ADCs, bi-specifics, cancer vaccines, etc.
- How to predict efficacy or translate preclinical findings
- How to assess tox/safety of novel combinations
- How to identify biomarkers (patient selection, PD)
Sr Director, Portfolio Management, Symphogen
Johan Lantto is a Sr Director, Portfolio Management at Symphogen, a Servier company based in Denmark. Johan holds a Ph.D. in Immunotechnology from Lund University, Sweden, where he studied antibody evolution and repertoire development, and he has more than 20 years of experience with antibody engineering and the development of therapeutic antibodies. For the past 18 years, Johan has worked for Symphogen where he has been involved in the development of the company’s Symplex™ antibody discovery platform as well as been responsible for antibody drug discovery and development projects within infectious disease and oncology. Johan has been responsible for six oncology projects that have been brought to the clinic by Symphogen.