Antibody Engineering Xchange West Coast 2018
Titles and Bullets
9:00am – 10:00am
How to identify the best antibody discovery platforms to move forward with for lead identification
- Which platforms are you using for active discovery projects?
- What are the main strengths and weaknesses of these platforms?
- What are the primary factors that influence your platform choices? (scientific, operational, IP/technology access)
- Does/should desired antibody function (e.g. receptor agonism, ligand blocking) influence discovery platform choice?
- Are you evaluating (or planning to evaluate) any new platform technology? What and why?
10:30am – 11:30am
Maximizing target-specific antibody sequence diversity in discovery campaigns
- Considerations for immunization strategies (species, strains, and routes)
- Perceived advantages and disadvantages of discovery platforms
- Screening assay formats: Binders and functioners.
12:00pm – 1:00pm
How to identify the best agonistic antibody for trimeric receptors such as TNF receptors for immuno-oncology
- What are the considerations in selecting an agonistic antibody against TNFR?
- What is the best format for agonistic antibodies targeting a TNFR, bivalent or trivalent?
- Do you prefer partial, full, or super agonistic antibodies?
- Is crosslinking two TNFRs or super-agonistic antibody preferred?
- What kind of functional cell-based assays are predictable for in vivo efficacy?
- What in vivo models can predict efficacy in clinic trials?
3:20pm – 4:20pm
Selection of antibodies specific for multi-pass membrane proteins using mammalian virus display
- What are the biggest challenges to overcome to enable selection of antibodies specific for multi-pass membrane proteins?
- What are the available technical solutions to these challenges?
- How can recombinant virus display and VLPs be used to overcome these challenges?
4:20pm – 5:20pm
Interrogating the human immune system for antibody discovery.
- What’s the best tissue source (blood, tumor, lymphoid tissue) to interrogate humoral response to cancer?
- Should interrogation of humoral system be target-driven, target-agnostic or both?
- Should screening assays focus on discovery of a single therapeutic antibody or a combination of multiple antibodies?
- What are current challenges in screening assays to identify therapeutic antibodies?
- What approaches are best suited to identify target for novel antibodies?
Antibody Engineering Xchange | West Coast 2018