ADVANCED THERAPIES XCHANGE
February 6, 2023
Welcome to hubXchange’s Advanced Therapies Xchange 2023, West Coast, bringing together executives from pharma and biotech to address and find solutions to the key issues faced in cell and gene therapeutics.
Discussion topics will cover Cell Tx Development, Gene Tx Development, C&G Tx Bioprocessing and C&G Tx Manufacturing.
Take advantage of this unique highly interactive meeting format designed for maximum engagement, collaboration and networking with your peers.
Venue Details: DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport Hotel, 835 Airport Boulevard, Burlingame CA 94010-9949
Cell Tx Development
Implementing NGS and predictive analytics in cell therapy development
- What are the barriers to routine implementation of NGS during cell therapy development?
- How are people using NGS data in decision making, and at what stages of product development?
- What predictive analytics are being implemented to integrate internal and external data?
Director, Systems Biology, Notch Therapeutics
Dan Kirouac leads the Systems Biology department at Notch Therapeutics, integrating bioinformatics, dynamical systems modelling and machine learning to design and deliver the next generation of T cell therapies. Prior to joining Notch in 2020, he held scientific positions in large pharma (Genentech), mid-size biotech (Merrimack Pharmaceuticals) and consulting (Applied BioMath), and has been developing mathematical models of biological systems for almost 20 years. Dan did post-doctoral training at MIT and Harvard Medical School, holds a PhD in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Toronto, and Bachelors’ in both Chemical Engineering and Genetics from the University of Western Ontario.
Maximizing clinical benefit in solid tumor therapies: Combination therapies and other strategies
- Prevention of exhaustion: Checkpoints (PD-1 and Combos), Epigenetic Modulators and others (chemo)
- Prevention of and overcoming resistance: Drug sequencing, multiple targets, combinations
- Expanding the addressable market: Minimizing toxicity, minimizing in-patient time, cost
Vice President, Cell Therapies, Turnstone Biologics
George Smith is developing next generation TIL therapies at Myst/Turnstone Biologics where he has been responsible for strategy, portfolio and operations. He founded the IQVIA Cell and Gene Therapy Center where he helped companies develop advanced therapies from preclinical to the market. He is a SME for clinical and preclinical development strategy, pharmacology, translational medicine and asset evaluation. He also led due diligence programs at IQVIA and worked for small and large biopharma companies for a wide variety of therapeutic areas and modalities from concept through Phase III, including inventing Paxlovid. He received his Ph.D. and MBA from UCSD.
4:45 – 5:45pm
Beyond CART: Alternative cell modalities
- What are the pros and cons of potential alternatives to T cells?
- What technical hurdles must be overcome for development of these alternatives?
- Can specific cell types be matched with given indications?
- What drives selection of the best binding moiety for a chimeric receptor?
- In vivo CAR-T cell therapies